Vacancy: Programme Manager (Holland Colours)
As Programme Manager, you will lead a strategic change programme to make the business processes and the associated application landscape future-proof – in all parts and at all locations of Holland Colours. Making an impact on manufacturing, logistics, sales, R&D and finance. Reporting to CTO Eelco van Hamersveld, you will have direct access to the Board of Directors. You will work closely with Gert Jan Luiten, Business Processes and ICT Manager.
What will you be doing?
In order to lead the programme successfully, you will take up the following issues:
- First of all, establish the structure of the programme on the basis of the strategy that has been laid down, and include the projects that are already underway. You will take responsibility for setting up and monitoring standards, tools and training for the implementation of the projects in the programme. Currently, Prince II ‘light’ and Agile are being used for the projects, the ADKAR method for change management, and BPMN for business process modelling.
- Together with the four Business Process Owners (Innovation, Operations, Sales and Business Support) you will initiate new projects in the programme. You will ensure the appropriate resourcing and expertise, both internally and by hiring external expertise if this is not available internally. You will also take care of the onboarding of all members of the project teams.
- Of course, you will maintain an overview of all the projects in the programme and their interdependencies. You will coach the project leaders in managing scope, budget, planning, quality and, of course, achieving the intended result.
- You will integrally manage the risk and issue management, the communication, the reporting and the budget of the entire programme. You will manage the Programme Management Office yourself (issue log, risk log, reporting, financing, procurement and quality).
- The Project Leaders are typically people who do this in addition to their operational tasks or who have been hired temporarily.
- You will be the link between the various stakeholders: the Board (CEO, CTO, CFO), the BPO Core Team (Manager Business Processes and ICT, and the four Business Process Owners), the Business Process Managers of the three divisions (America, Europe and Asia) and the Project Leaders. You are accountable to the Programme Board, which consists of the Board and the General Managers of the three divisions.
- As soon as the programme management structure has been set up, you will be expected to take responsibility for a project yourself, probably in the manufacturing domain.
As far as the application context is concerned, it is important to know that HCA has chosen Ross as its ERP solution and will continue to use it. All other applications are currently custom-built on Notes-Domino and hosted ‘on premise’. They will probably be replaced by ‘off the shelf’, ‘best of breed’ SaaS solutions for, among others, MES, CRM and LIMS with links via APIs. For other applications, mail, database, etc., HCA is a Microsoft house.
Projects already underway include a quality management system, innovation management and LIMS, mail migration, data architecture, MS Teams implementation and document management. Future projects include factory automation, CRM and digital invoicing.
Perhaps you’re not familiar with the name of Holland Colours, but it’s a listed multinational with 450 employees in 7 countries on 3 continents. They have been in existence since 1979 and annually supply 2000 customers in 85 countries with pigments, colour pastes and colour granules that can add a stunning colour to 2 billion kilos of products.
The head office is located in Apeldoorn, where, in addition to the international head office, there is also a production location. There are also sales offices located in Mexico, Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Hungary and Indonesia, while production facilities are in the United States, Hungary and Indonesia.
The company is characterised by a family business atmosphere, and employees with long periods of service are no exception. All employees are also shareholders in the company. The company's core values are Responsibility, Teamwork, Proactiveness, Competence and Accountability. Having launched a strategic change programme in 2018, the company is now preparing itself for the future by setting up customer-oriented processes and a future-proof application landscape.
- Although this may not be a large company, it is a complex programme so an academic level of work and thinking is a must. The easiest way to prove this is of course with the appropriate qualifications on paper, but HCA can also test you on this if necessary.
- In addition to managing programmes (in other words, several inter-related projects), you also have experience in setting up programmes.
- You have extensive experience in managing multidisciplinary complex projects incorporating many dependencies and stakeholders.
- Experience with Industrial Automation is an advantage.
* Your knowledge:
- You have a strong methodical background and have knowledge of and have worked with Prince II, Agile working methods and MSP. You also have knowledge of and experience with change management methods, ADKAR would be a nice-to-have, but it’s not necessary.
- You speak and write fluent English; Dutch would be a bonus, but not a prerequisite. Please note that we do not offer support to non-residents.
* Your personality
- You’re someone who doesn’t attach importance to status and can communicate effectively at all levels – from machine operator to Board members. On the one hand, you are enthusiastic and have a high connection quotient, but on the other hand, you can also take people to account for their behaviour.
- You have a keen eye for a realistic phasing of the programme, both from the point of view of planning and from the point of view of the volume of change.
- You are a good process manager who always maintains a focus on the intended goal.
- You are analytical and have the ability to apply structure and to enjoy the fruits of your team’s successes.
Although Holland Colours is a great Dutch manufacturing company with an international presence, it feels like a family business that you are literally a part of because you also become a shareholder.
When it comes to a change programme, this is of course a unique opportunity. How often do you get the chance to manage an international, company-wide change programme? Not that often, we imagine. This is a great step for someone who has mainly been active in the Dutch context up to now and considers it the time to occasionally manage a programme with international impact. Or for someone who has led large programmes, but has never managed a company-wide programme.
The key terms of employment:
- A gross annual salary of between €70,000 and €100,000, depending on knowledge, skills and experience.
- This amount does not include a holiday allowance of 8% and a year-end bonus of 1.9% with a maximum of €1173. Your total fixed gross annual income will therefore be between €76,000 and €109,000.
- A profit-sharing scheme depending on the operating result.
- Once you have a permanent contract, you will receive shares; there is also a share savings scheme.
- 24 holidays (in the case of full-time employment, you will get an extra 6 ‘ATV’ days).
- Collective medical expenses scheme, pension scheme (employee contribution 5.3%) and WGA gap insurance.
- Pre-COVID, it was OK to work from home 1 day a week. We are now discussing the post-COVID policy, but this is a role in which your physical presence determines an important part of your success. And of course, Holland Colours also works intensively with physical production processes.
- There is a generous training policy.
A great vacancy, don’t you think?! If you’re convinced that you are the Programme Manager for Holland Colours in Apeldoorn, then apply now. How? By uploading your CV or using the ‘Apply with LinkedIn’ option. Why? You can answer that question yourself, by uploading your motivation via ‘Extra document’.
Do you have any questions about this job vacancy for a Programme Manager in Apeldoorn?
- Click on ‘Stel een vraag’ (‘Ask a question’) at the top right-hand corner
- Call or app me at 06 53 260 974
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Chat with me via video in my virtual meeting room on Whereby.
Oh yes... I almost forgot: An assessment may be part of the selection process. Just so you know. Incidentally, for me, the profession of recruitment consultant is no 9 to 5 job, so feel free to reach me in the evenings and weekends if you need to.
Contact your consultant
From a vacancy to your new job. In 7 steps.
Search & shout - We look for the best person for the job
Selection - Do you have what it takes?
Let’s chat - Skype, FaceTime, HangOut…
Let’s meet - For a coffee (or tea) with the employer
Let’s meet again - Get your armbands on, you’re diving in at the deep end
Assessment - Can you walk the way you talk?
Negotiating terms of employment - Money talks
Let’s chat - Skype, FaceTime, HangOut…
The candidates that have passed our preliminary selection now come into the picture – literally. Because we conduct our intakes via the webcam. But while we’re chatting with candidates, we’re still open for applications from top-class professionals. So... what’s stopping you?